Welcome to the CCTC Website
Facilitating Communication Amongst Psychology Training Councils
- CCTC Recommendations for GRE in 2020-2021
- CCTC Recommendations for Trainee Admissions-Selection Process
- CCTC Recommendations for COVID Training Experiences Letter Language
- CCTC Guidance Statement on Resumption of In-Person Psychological Services and Training
- Statement on Furloughing Doctoral Interns and Postdoctoral Fellows in Psychology Training Programs
- Statement on Education and Training Considerations during COVID-19 Pandemic
The Council of Chairs of Training Councils (CCTC) was established in the mid-1980s as an umbrella forum through which all of the education and training groups within professional psychology could meet, communicate, and take action on areas of common interest. CCTC currently consists of 13 members who represent their education or training council, 10 liaisons who have a vested interest in CCTC activities, as well as guests who are typically APA-affiliated and similarly have a marked interest in training and education in psychology. The CCTC mission statement was developed and approved in the late 1990’s.
The mission statement emphasizes the purposes of CCTC as a forum through which member training councils communicate with one another, promote discussion of professional education, and develop training related recommendations to be implemented. CCTC further focuses on encouraging communication and providing comments to and from key organizations, groups, and systems throughout the larger education and training community. CCTC is intended to be a clear mechanism through which the perspectives of all training councils can be heard and reflected in the policies and processes that affect our members and students.